Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Things that make you go...

George Bush in Latin America.... dude they ain't buying your shit

Hugo Chavez's tour of Latin America... respect

The Iranian-Syrian-US-Iraqi talks in Baghdad at the weekend produced this from Mr Fisk


But old habits die hard. During Saturday's talks, Mr Satterfield pointed to his
briefcase, claiming it contained documents that proved Iran was arming Shia
militias in Iraq, a remark that earned him a stinging rebuke from the Iranian
envoy. "Your accusations are merely a cover for your failures in Iraq," Mr Aragchi replied.


Internet Explorer 7, cheers for the updates Microsoft, its now a piece of shit.. yeah yeah yeah... firefox.... yeah yeah yeah

First cold night of the year... yep winter its now a reality on its way, time to dust off the snowboots

The way reality is well weirder than fiction, Orwells 1984, Huxley’s Brave New World, Kafka’s The Trial, turn off the box and read these books, you may well freak out at the similarities to our world...

Bob Lefsetz's email list (hat tip to the Opinonated Diner), love his sentiments, enjoy his views and so don't get his music taste... thankfully

Flight Of the Conchords, don't find them funny in the least, but had a listen to their radio show (just released on CD) this week and its bloody funny.. so its just the songs I find daft then

AK07, they are closer than ever to getting this arts festival stuff right this time round, well done, but still needs work....

Dinah Lee's The Bluebeat, she's touring the country with Max Merrit, not interested in the show at all but by god I love this song, which their tour reminds me of

Cold mornings, had to put socks on... needs slippers and a pipe bob

Paying bills rather than going to the Clean, yep acting like a grown up really does suck

The knowledge that only a fool doesn't grab music from Soulseek, Limewire and the like and still I can't bring myself to do it, yet I happily grab songs from Blogs and the like - does not compute... you're a weirdo bob and only missing out on that which you'd never buy

The question of is this the year the major record companies will retreat back to OZ... been saying this for years but still its not a reality... maybe this year, it makes sense on every level

The disappoinment that still the indies here do not much more than try to emulate the majors, needs more clever thinking and strategising me thinks...

Skyscrapers, still going through my obsession with them... why are all the cool new buildings in Asia or the Middle East... come on Europe & the US, I thought youse were the flashy rich bastards

Seeing Stewart Island on the news, how I love that place and worry that which I love about it will be lost due to development and the worship of the almighty dollar... needs less foriegn tourism

The Rugby World Cup being blissfully ignorant of anything but the fact its happening... tis great

Cliamte change... being on the news is not a solution

Our TV news medias promotion of itself... come you are fooling no one... just serve up some news please

The original post punk bands, so much more exciting than the current wave of imitators

Combat88's blog and the wonderful tracks and mixes available there, cheers

The realisation that Cambodia also does dinner, or is rumoured to

White facial hair, yep you gots to shave Bob... not as young as you'd like maybe.... am fascinated by this change of hair colour, christ I've only just reached a point where I need to shave semi regularly... it really is quite cool

English humour, it really can't be beaten

Having no money, I really am bored and sick and tired of being poor - in a NZ context, why the fuck didn't I just become a corporate drone or something where I might have been paid what I am actually worth and why is it that I can't seem to get ahead - is it because of my past career choices or just cause I is a munter :(

Changing the phasing on the set of lights I walk through every day, it now takes around 5 minutes to get across the bloody road, I don't like this change

Bacon & Eggs in the morning, bliss, bliss I'm telling ya... vegetarians you're missing out on heaven

George Monibot, yep lets shoot the messenger rather than think he has a very valid point

Dreaming of a simpler life

Missing people for the wrong reasons


The fact this post begs for links and I can't be arsed putting them in, ha!

Lists, easier than writing something more significant

No comments: