Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Things that can make a day special

Some random events that have made me smile over the past few days


- getting a email from a friend you haven't heard from in a while (hey Pando)


- getting two pieces of technology that haven't been 'talking' to talk (kiss and makup software and hardware... ooooo puter p0rn)


- eating a water melon after its suitably chilled (yah for fridges)


- doing 300 press ups every morning after a 2 hour run (this might be a blatant lie)


- deciding that after five days of trails that the raspberry (?) and lime fruju is a piece of shite - though I am still tempted to continue the test, I think I have issues


- having a email buddy one can discuss all sorts of stuff with during the course of a day (on ya Websta)


- cooking a roast meal, what was I thinking it was lovely last night and I cooked a roast, needs more salad bob


- sorting some stuff out which will take away some dreary chores for the next two week, ha victory is mine...


- not falling foul of the thought of buying long pants once again, take that adult world!


- thinking about a departed loved one


- the little asian man I pass walking every now and then as I wander the streets - we now say hello.... its the little things (now if more european kiwis could do similar)


- early mornings, I love the morning... afternoons can and should be banned for all but drinking and eating


- chatting with friends overseas on googletalk, even though I prefer emails one can and does make exceptions


- seeing Arcade Fire on Breakfast TV, smiling in a wtf manner (they can't be cool anymore obviously)


- adding tags to the blog, for the sake of it - I'm an all options kinda guy


- the intelligent discussions (and people) on Public Address System, must try and find time to post


- having a good early morning routine I enjoy (refer to running and press ups)


- new episodes of the Simpsons and Boston Legal Tuesdays (two of my telly weaknesses)


- Helen Clarks response to the police rape trial, its great to have a Prime Minister who is human and cares


- not being the target market for most of these reunion tours (still debating if I should go to the Slits)


- finally coming to the point where I don't care if I ever do radio again, would be killing me if them which I listen too hadn't got real dull of late, REAL DULL


- knowing enough people who actually care about me rather than just pretending to


- caring about enough people for my life to be rich and rewarding in the most vital areas


- wearing a hat (in the confines of my room, no need to inflict that action on the general public)


- knowing I am the only normal person in the world (take that ya abnormal freaks!)


- emailing my sister about Doctor Who repeats (hey Belinda)


- sunny days


have a good one :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Just in case you missed The Slits in your location, you can see most of their show from San Francisco (nov 06) at this location.

http://www.earcandleproductions.com/The_Slits.swf

Enjoy!
debra

Bob Daktari said...

cheers

Simon said...

nice list Bob