Thursday, March 29, 2007

keep passing the open windows

Its been one of them weeks. Actually one of them months....

Where the days seem to drag, the mind isn't focused as it might be, the weather is typically Auckland, I am constantly tired and well I seem to be in a funk.

I watched a few news bulletins last night and realised where-ever one looks in todays wired world the news all seems bad, of course this is what the media does, it tells us stories of tragedy, of human lives lost, of corruption, of natural disasters... its not a feel good time.

Each channels new service blurs into another, each talking head presents the news in a similar fashion, even the diversions aren't what they could be.

It is of course March, summer is gone, winter is coming... we don't really have a autumn in Auckland, one day the leaves will start falling and a few days later they will be gone, none of the glory and beauty of watching leaves turn golden then fall here.

There's a bridge you can drive across as you enter Wanaka down south, crossing this bridge in Autumn is breath taking, due to the back drop and tress all a golden yellow, you don't get anything like that here, rather some of the streets that I feel are the most attractive in the city are about to lose their lush green cover and look naked, just bare tress reminding us of warmer times.

I don't like winter in Auckland, its cold enough to know its winter but not cold enough for it to be well cold, proper cold, wrap up warm cold.... put long pants on cold.

There's something great about proper cold times, icy cold rains, winter storms and the possiblity of snow or if not that at least a vista of snow capped mountains to stun the eyes and chill the air. Tis the south islander in me.

There is an upside, winter is a more serious time, at least in my mind. Its a time when the ears seek more than soothing sounds to compliment a mood, its a time to critically listen to albums and songs and read serious books, a time to go a little bit bonkers when out on the town. When if at a gig or club the warmth of packed in human bodies is comforting not simply super uncomfortable.

I think I need a challenge, something I can get my teeth into, something I believe in, something significant to me and my world... I wish I knew what it was and from where it is coming or maybe more to the point where I should go to find it....

Yep its one of them weeks/months, nothing seems quite right.

Saying that its just after 7am, I'm listening to a Goons show CD prior to getting up properly and facing the day. I am giggling away like a school boy in a chipper mood. Its raining/drizzling, I am quite looking forward to a good walk getting wet, I love walking in the rain, even if being wet and bedraggled isn't the greatest look on arrival at my destination.... and yes some idiot will snigger and tell me I am wet and its raining... well done sherlock!


2 comments:

cathy said...

Hay Si, Putting a comment on your blog is faster than sending an email....go figure.
YAHHOOOOO one more sleep, think I'll be in Akl for a few days, hope you can handel it....see you soon ... er about 1am on Saturday morning!

Bob Daktari said...

sheesh wot is it with you woman, email rules and far quicker...

See ya soon - if you see this before you touch down call or text me when ya arrive, I might be asleep... :)