Monday, November 13, 2006

Stadiums

Is there anything worse than watching our public figures discuss the verious potential options for a stadium to be built in time for us hosting the rugby world cup?

I think not....

Why do we have to be so petty and mickey mouse about such things.... I guess it might be a reflection on them that serve in local government - the publically elected types, not the legions woh work in councils and for councils.

For someone who cares little for sport nor sees the need for yet another stadium its all a bit much.

I'm not against the notion of a stadium being built, I'd prefer it wasn't in the central city nor on our waterfront, for I don't see the need to clutter up an area that I believe should be opened up to public spaces and enhance the beauty of our harbour, not dominate part of it. Preferably with loads of trees, parkland and grass.

Of course its all going to be so rushed that I have little faith that anything magnificent will eventuate and we'll end up with a huge eyesore replacing a former one.

I wish I had more faith in those who will determine if this is to be or not.

No comments: