Saturday, November 04, 2006

De ja vu

I remember the last US presidential elections....

The media was filled with iraq stories, the failures, depending on ya perspective, of the Bush administration, and here we are again... the media again is it seems Iraq and Afganistan mad.

Nothing new here for the alternative media, but its quite strange to see so many stories in the mainstream, especially those that aren't showing whatever latest lines Bush is spouting to yet another gathering of US servicepeople or their families or the multiple ex officials of various US administrations who turn up to give their two cents worth on what might be going on in various places and/or peoples minds.

To be honest all the attention gets me a tad worked up - I keep foolishly thinking maybe, just maybe someones going to do something constructive... and then reality and sense taps me on the should and smacks me in the face.

I'm ready for the senate elections to be over, so the mainstream media can go back to normal and all but pretend there is nothing going on in Iraq and Afganistan and instead focus on the places yet to be embroiled in the Bush administrations concept of pre-emption (of what?).

Come Novemeber 8 or there abouts, ie once the election coverage dies down, things will go back to normal in media land and the general public news watching can focus once again on the sports report that is a huge chunk of our 'news' here.

I can go back to wishing things were different, instead of getting my hopes up and thinking they might change.

Cynical... yep not half.

Saturday is about to kick in for me, that entails putting my brain in a nice little box to be collected again tomorrow perhaps, for theres BBQ action and mucho beer to be drunk and good friends to rant at about all manner of things.

Bliss in other words

No comments: