Wednesday, November 01, 2006

not enough sleep leads to rambling bob

So the Stern reports has had its day of media coverage and we're back worrying about obese kids and the more important thing in life.

The more I read about climate change and the focus on economic solutions the more I feel that one day there will be a planet called earth, totally devoid of life but with a very vibrant economy...

Maybe I missed something but surely the survival of our species is slightly more important than retaining a economic model that simply doesn't work?

I had one of them nights last, where one can't sleep, can't amuse oneself with diversions and thus paces the house...

It was Halloween here yesterday of course, not one trick or treater tried my place - the benefit of being an apartment dweller.

When last I lived in a house we'd be besieged by them, had a lot to do with the suburb and location I lived, being a affluent suburb parents would drive their kids into ponsonby on the premise that our treats would be better than somewhere else, well my place wasn't flash and being a dimwit I always forgot to buy sweets, thus all the poor little souls got was a blank and guilty look from me at the door... no one ever played a trick on us though.

I am one of them that see no need for this celebration in our land, we've never paid much attntion to it until recent times, and now each year it seems to get bigger and bigger. Whilst I'd prefer we don't celebrate this day, perhaps its time we did, as Guy Fawkes is heading towards being fire cracker free next year perhaps halloween is a better substitute, I bet all the pets and firepeople in our land would vote pro Halloween.

I'm really over our retailers, with the change in coins we've just gone through we now no longer have a 5 cent coin, yet pricing in stores still reflects the old emntality, buying a magazine last night for $9.95 I got really frustrated when I got not a penny back from my $10. I guess if I'd paid electronically the price would have been that as advertised, yet why should I feel punished for simply using hard currency. It fucks me off to put it bluntly, though I'd rather not have a 5 cent coin in change... hard to please, hell yes.

I went to a meeting in Newmarket yesterday in Nuffield Street, it was filled with boutiques and eateries, I'd never been there before and it frightened me.

I'm sick of the grey srping days we're having, I am using my rain coat more than I had to in winter, I want some sun... my legs are white, my arms are white... a little colour is needed.

This weekend involves going to a 40th, its been a year of this sort of action - I like it, me and my friends are old (well in our youth obsessed world), out of touch and no longer need to concern ourselves with being anything but whom and what we are, not that we would or possibly could have behaved any other way.

A lot (most/all) of my friends are 'freaks', a beautiful thing. We've never been a hip and fashionable lot and as we grow older it seems the lot of us are even more out of kilter than youth could disguise. I couldn't ask for a better set of friends, both new and old they all rock!

I've some how managed to use 9gig of bandwidth this billing period with a few days to go... quite where its all gone I have little idea; a game demos a bunch of music tracks and DJ mixes and a partly downloaded episode of Battlestar Galatica I guess...

I found a site that has a bunch fo MP3's sitting waiting for plonkers like me, so I've helped myself... I grab a song (generally old ones and usually ones I already own on some format or other) listen to them a couple of times and delete them. Today I've grabbed The Fall's CREEP. Which I have on the Wonderful & Frightening World Of The Fall, a cassette... I which I'd never brought so many cassettes and why I still keep them I have no clue.

I have a heap of tapes from ym time in the UK (Hello Dave, will email ya soon) that I recorded from Kiss FM, their two Techno shows - one hosted by Colin Favor (how I dug his show) and Colin Dale, I would love to lsiten to these but have no cassette player... even better I'd like a magic wand so I could digitalise them all - something I'd never do myself, for I am too lazy.

Oh crap, the clock says get up and get out there

I'm tired, I'm grumpy, and my mind will wander all day

November here I come

1 comment:

David said...

Hey ... still waiting for that email you promised ;-) Saw the Dead C in London last month, supported by Charalambides, just after their ATP gig. Can't believe it, but it was the first time I've ever seen them. Very very cool.