Tuesday, November 14, 2006

John Cooper Clarke

Announced for the Big Day Out

that has gotta be the oddest choice ever? One for the oldies I guess....

I pulled out his album Snap Crackle & Bop the other night to celebrate, it hasn't aged well, lyrically it still rocks - not surprising as he is a poet, musically, well.... nah it sucks by todays standards.

To make this old fella happy, chuck David Eggleton on stage before him, somehwere out of the way - by that I mean quiet, close to a bar... and I'd be well happy with only seeing them.

However, there could be a massive upside to all this, other than Mr Clarke himself. One can only hope this means that band he tours with quite a lot is coming too

whispers.... the fall

oh deary me that would be cool

I've been listening to the Wonderful & Frightening World of the Fall of late, its fab.

Whatever happens and whomever gets booked a fun day out loooms, so very far away.

Still it gives me something to type about, so thats all good, cause today I have little going on in the head dept. I am tired as a tired old tired thing - thanks to a night of roadworks that lead to a fitful sleep and unlike my usual routine of dealing with such things, I didn't get up and muck around on the web with fox news as a backdrop, nope I tried to sleep and feel like shit as a result.

Tis a beautiful morning and I'm grumpy as hell

Nothing a good walk won't sort out but

toot toot

No comments: