Thursday, October 05, 2006

One of them weeks

Daylight savings kicked in this week, which is always a reason for celebration, summer it seems is on its way... yippeeee (Auckland winters are not cold enough nor anything enough for anything but waiting for them to end)

Like the cows (or is that the farmers) this time change is really playing havoc with my internal clock. Leaving me tired and just a little grumpy.

I am also in one of those 'the world is fucked' phases, where the sheer volume of horrific things happening on this planet suggests that things are not looking bright for us inhabitants of this little globe.

I was watching the PBS (I think) news on Triangle last night and their summary of events just made one want to cry.

We can do better as a species, surely.

I might have to go and listen to some gay disco (read Bob's term for house music - not meant to be offensive) this weekend to cheer me up or at least dull my senses.

Normally I really hate clubbing - the music might be what I adore but the culture of clubs here isn't me, I feel like I belong nor do I care to, as its a shallow world. Strangely enough though this year I have enjoyed my occasional forays into clubland more than I have for a long, longtime. This is a good thing and whilst in this frame of mind I should make the most of it.

Yep, one of them weeks.

No comments: