Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I really miss....

...doing radio.

Its not an ego thing, hell I am a crap radio personality, I prefer not to talk to be completely honest.

I have a lot to say, generally, and aren't too shabby at saying it, sometimes. But radio is just not my medium for anything other than music.

I like it that way, it suits my style. Why talk when a song/track can say it for ya, in a manner that is both fun or at least rocking.

So its days like this, the suns out, I'm home enjoying a wine or two, my dear friend Mark is spinning records and them ones I would so love to share via radio waves get dropped into his mix and, I, just miss the chance to inflict them on people via a medium that can't be equaled for certain tracks.

Take today's example, a Recloose mega mix by the Freaks, two artist whom I dig, The Freaks I adore. Now a megamix in this day and age is best confined to a live awards show, where its all about the artist royalties... not a 12" release.

Still, The Freaks are not one to confine themselves to normal conventions.

The mega mix wasn't that uncommon back in the 80's - none were timeless and all were just a little bit wrong, though at the same time they sometimes had that special thing, that silliness often underscored with just the right elements from either the megamixer of original track that made it hang together, in a way that made one smile and perhaps giggle under ones breathe. Hell its a almost tradition, perhaps one that doesn't often need to be dredged up... who knows?

Well the Freaks have done this to Recloose and their Music For Freaks release is well timely, as I had wondered if they were still going, worrying if ya will as that's what I do...

Well anyways there's this Recloose megamix, it works, it doesn't work. Its a bit silly. Its not silly enough. Its Recloose, its The Freaks. Its really, really wrong.

My god I miss radio...

Who else will/would play the this shit but me?

Yeah, its good, not that good, but good enough.

There's the new Greenskeepers album too... an album that screams Bob Daktari and not many others I wager...

...that cries out for some radio action too

So its Tuesday, I am a little tipsy, I miss doing radio but by god I love listening to music

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BRING BACK BOB!!!