Monday, October 10, 2005

Enough Already.... God are you listening?

Okay not God perhaps, as I don't have that belief/handicap.....

I am thinking this morning that perhaps the world has had more than its fair share of natural and people made disasters this year. The mind boggles at the number of people and other creatures that have lost thier lives due to these tragedies this year alone. Enough already!

Over 19,000 confirmed dead in Pakistan alone thus far with more predicted lost in the earthquake in and around Pakistan. My dear friend Cathy is somewhere around India, well out of harms way I hope.

1,400 people killed in a mudslide triggered by Hurricane Stan in Guatemala.

In Auckland we weathered some very harsh winds over the weekend, my window leaked and whilst no lives were lost I did have some books and CDs water damaged :(

It sure has been a rough year for many. I feel a little selfish sitting here wanting more leaves on the tree outside whilst so many others are fighting just to stay alive.

Spare a few minutes today to think of those not so well off as yourself. Especially those effected by this earthquake.

I'm now taking bets on when a fresh new volcano will take up residence in Auckland.... not on my watch I hope and for the sake of language not action, I pray.

Being Monday I have a radio show to prepare, and yet again my happy, smiley, silly, summery tunes will be on hold for another week.

No comments: