Friday, June 22, 2007

Shortest Day Of The Year


Things to do on the shortest day:

Wear Shorts (but of course)
Find a reason to finish/leave work early (done)
Listen only to EPs (albums are so passe on a day like this)
Walk with a limp (for shits and giggles)
Get angry at a band you've never heard of (done - see below)
Watch a youtube clip or three (done - see below)
Shake your fist at the sky and yell something inane (am saving this one for later)
Um... wot else... look confused and scratch head (done)
Sleep for a long time (done, last night)
Dream of midgets/little people having sex (I am hoping/praying this doesn't happen.. am I watching too much Boston Legal??)
Wonder if its the longest day in the northern hemisphere (will google this later, one assumes it must be so)
Build a wall of cardboard and create a pretend insurgent camp behind it (in progress)
Argue a point not cause you believe it but for the sake of a argument (chances are high, I am in a funny mood)
Wear Shorts (yes you can wear two pairs at once - done)
Post something silly and throw away on ya blog (almost done)

righto, the weekend awaits and I have little planned and that suits me fine.... have fun people



From popbitch:


The Automatic V Bob The Builder

The Automatic had a huge hit last year with Monster. Bob The Builder's people approached the band for permission to do a cover of the song for Xmas, with the lyrics changed to:

'What's that coming over the hill?
It's Bob The Builder, Bob The Builder.'


Sadly the band refused, afraid that people people would shout this back at them at all their future gigs. (And now's your chance...)
Bob the Builder rocks!

One for Ms Hilton


I am no fan of this 'celeb' nor this song... but I must admit a fascination for the storm in a teacup and obsession media has for Paris... it really is quite something from my standpoint, being a member of SAC - the Sociologist Action Committee - a rogue group of three former sociology students who find themselves in the NZ Music industry...

I can't help feeling that William Gibson got our evolving present so right in his novel Neuromancer, the obsession with looks crated clinically, the cult of personality and the world of the mega rich... a world devoid of substance.




Hey Paris, when I saw you tonight in your party dress,
Your make-up perfect, your hair a perfect mess
I must confess

Hey Paris, a love that I’d been hold in
Felt like the walls were closing’ in around me
I must confess

I confess to the crime of lovin’ you
And everything that comes with
I confess that too

Hey Paris, look out in the evening sky
There’s a big ol’ lovers moon that’s rising high
Let’s take a ride

Hey Paris, just out past the LA line
Where the air is clean & the water tastes like wine
Let’s take a ride
It ain’t even half-past eleven
We got time to make it to Heaven tonight

Paris, look at me
The sun will set you free
Paris, let’s blow this town
This town just brings me down

Hey Paris, honest as the day is long
All I want is everything you want,
Girl honest I do

Hey Paris, It’s not just your dress that’s blue
I know I am, I think that you are too
Honest, I do

Blue is the color of lonesome me
Lonesome & blue you don’t have to be no more
Paris, no more

You got a friend till the very end
I’ll stand by you
I’ll pray for you
I’m looking out for you

…Steady girl!


Song for the Day: Rune Lindbæk - Africa (a cover of the Toto 'classic')

No comments: