Friday, June 29, 2007

BZP to be Banned in NZ

As a strong supporter of all currently banned 'drugs' being legalised I am saddened by the decision to ban BZP based pills.

I don't believe there was any need for a ban and as history has shown, prohibition does not work.

Here was an opportunity for our govt to act in both a responsible manner that allowed those whom were of age to choose what they put into their bodies and thus how they lived their lives.

BZP is way safer than booze & fags.. yet the govt will not be banning these proven killers.

This is not a decision that democracy can be proud of.

Stop molly coddling us and let us live our lives.... as long as our actions don't endanger others and a substance has not been proven to directly limit ones physical safety and life why prohibit it?

Whilst I am no fan of these 'party pills' I have and would have continued to avail myself of them from time to time -I reckon I use them in very low doses about once every 10 months.

As a member of SAC the ramifications of this ban are going to be fascinating to watch, as one who is very fond of our dance scene I expect some major differences.... both good and bad.

Grumpy of the inner city.



No comments: