Friday, July 27, 2007

Coil - Tainted Love

Back in my early Student Radio days I used to do a annual show of cover versions... I lvoe covers, I love silly bootlegs... I am not so fond of mashups.

I've dozens if not scores of 12"s and albums brought for the single reason that they contain a cover of a song, that is either rockin or often simply amusing and sometimes crimes against music - Paul Youngs versionm of Love Will Tear Us Apart for example.

Sometimes you come across one that is as good if not better than the original.

Here is one of those:

Coil - Tainted Love





Learn about Coil, they are amazingly good IMO, though not to everyones tastes, especially if one is a homophob.

Righto, the weekend awaits... sake, techno, minimal and good company on the cards for this evening

whoop whoop!

No comments: