Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Time Off for good behaviour

No radio show this week, instead as is now custom Waitangi day which happened this year to fall on a Monday, was a day for George FM to celebrate all things summer in Auckland with a big free party in a park.

With somewhere between 30 and 45,000 in attendance on what I'd wager has been the most summery day thus far this year it really was a big day of fun.

My personal highlight was Dick Johnson dropping Blue Monday by New Order, a song that anyone mildly familiar with modern music will be aware of.

In my personal world it was for far too many years the only song I could expect to hear at any given social function I attended as a youngster that I'd like. Hence whenever I hear it I am reminded of just how much better the youth of today have it, in musical stakes if nothing else.

I’m still getting to gripes with this 2006 thang….

I’m busy starting a bunch of new projects that are taking up much of my time and energy which will increasingly do so, thus my routines are out of synch and anyone who knows me well will know I really hate having my established routines change.

I can’t wait for a new set to establish themselves and thus I can be slightly more settled in mind and body... yeah right, its nearly 2am and here I am wrting this watching Fox News... theres nothing settled about any part of me.

life truely doesn't get any better than this

No comments: