Thursday, January 31, 2008

I Ain't Thick

Jeffrey Lewis anti folk legend (well that may be stretching things but I dig him) and comic book artist covers the British anarchist punk band Crass's song I Ain't Thick.

Comes from his album of Crass covers, 12 Crass Songs. A album that shouldn't work but so does.

In the daktari household this album has been getting hammered for some rather simple reasons, I am a Crass fan and a Lewis fan and the album is cool....

After yesterday's post I should have added Systematic Death from the album - a song I have always really dug and one I used to reference in Sociology essays at university. But Lewis's cover isn't that great, tis good, wheras I Ain't Thick is perhaps in my view the pick of the litter from the album.

Every now and then a album or song comes along that reminds me why I miss doing radio... this is definately one of those songs.

Anyways, get into it and remember to change a sysem or smash the state all one has to do is form a band.

Download


Jeffrey Lewis at the Windmill 2006:





Jeffrey Lewis - I ain't thick... (Crass cover)
Uploaded by kidamprod

No comments: