Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Oh dear I ruined it didn't I

So I've been experimenting with a regime of no TV, its been going well thank you, (3 plus weeks it is), and whilst there are a couple of shows I would like to see I don't actually miss them.

This is good it gives me more free time - actually something I don't really need more of but anyhow I now have this time in which to focus on other entertainment or time consuming activities.

Last night I watched some telly, it made me angry - strangely somethingI haven't been during my non watching period. I got angry mainly at the news (always the way), the smugness of our media over the Rugby World Cup -saying its a huge honour for Portugal to be playing the All Blacks - WTF, they're not god, they are but a team in a competition... arghhhhh

I also watched some music TV - didn't last long I must say, I don't like the music they play.

So I stopped, I got up turned off the box and calm returned.

I listened to my new record... a NZ compilaton that includes (the reason I got it) a cover of the Headless Chickens "Do The Headless Chickens by Shihad. I was and I guess still am a huge fan of the Headless Chickens, probably the band I saw live more than any other and also one I followed for a long time after they impressed me musically - for thats what fans do.

I read some of my book - A History of the Berlin Wall, which I am really enjoying, so much I am rationing it out to prolong the enjoyment - after this I am reading Michael Kings a History of New Zealand which I've wanted to read but I also don't want to read - one of them you want to have done it but not do, if that makes sense.

Then I did some interneting and finally played some star wars crappy game I am a little obsessed with right now - I like space shit alright!

I shall pretty much repeat the above for the rest of the week methinks... though I am thinking about going to the Technical Music Awards on Wednesday, but probably won't... cause I really don't enjoy these things nor have much interest in the outcomes.

Oh the dilemmas of a boy whose trying to give up a bad vice.

I do wonder whats been happening on Coro street though... yep sad man alert :)

No comments: