Friday, January 20, 2006

Out of gas or slap me quick

Anyone else having problems getting into gear for 2006?

I am, hence the sluggish blog action

Its that time of year when the sun shines and the brain seems to shut down, well it could be debated if mine was ever turned on, tuned out without a doubt.

I'm trying hard to ignore the rumblings of horror on the horizon for Iran and thus a large chunk of the world

I'm trying to ignore the Japanese whalers in our southern oceans

I'm trying hard not to read the prophet of doom that has proclaimed the end of our world by the end of the century (refer to 'Green guru says: We are past the point of no return.' Independent, January 16, 2006)

I'm trying to ignore the prospect of a Canadian invasion of our land (private joke)

I'm trying to write a post whilst watching a bloody gardening show on TV

I'm trying to finish Robert Fisk's "The Great War For Civilisation" (Which I highly recommend BTW) but it bums me out when trying to indulge in sun/book action and why would it not. There's not a page without death and horror it seems.

I can't wait to start John Irvings latest book, one of my fave authors

I'm still trying to sort out some of my CD collection, which really is a damn boring task and I keep getting side tracked by the dumbest CDs - and happily so.

I've been trying to do a nice laidback summery radio show and instead find myself elbow deep in angsty tunes and loving every second

So this is 2006 then, I feel its going to be a very eventful year, globally and in my personal space

Bring it on is the correct catch phrase to be inserted at this point, however I'm happy for a postponement for the next few weeks at least

no need to rush things now is there

3 comments:

Bryan said...

"Its that time of year when the sun shines "

Its below freezing outside. We just had record rainfall and flooding for the region. Stop stealing our sun!:)

Bob Daktari said...

Byran, we're only borrowing it

it fell out of GW's arse last time he flew by and we're keeping it

and we're prepared to fight to keep this booty at least until June

Bob Daktari said...

opps sorry that should say Bryan