Wednesday, April 13, 2011

numb












I spent yesterday afternoon in Christchurch, a quick trip for a meeting... it's been a while since I've been to the city and I've never been to a disaster area - if thats the right terminology. I guess I had very mixed feeling about going there.

It was all quite weird and surreal and quite upsetting... I thought seeing things first hand might give me a better understanding and comprehension of what has happened and the continuing struggle for our friends in the south... but it didn't... it just felt unreal. I feel a bit numb.

I am even more concerned for the well being of those in the city after the trip and worry about them as winter approaches.

It didn't feel right taking any disaster pron photos, so here's a picture of the Polytech where we met, the turning leaves of the tress were lovely...

Stay strong Canterbury... keep your sense of humour and patience... my thoughts are with you all

No comments: