Saturday, August 20, 2005

GeorgeFM Winter Warmup

So I don't get to actually play records in a club much...

Is it cause I don't/can't mix?
Is it cause I play shit records?
Is it cause I am old?

To be honest I don't care to, much

On occassion though I am dragged out of the house, kicking and screamming like a small child with records and a desire to drink way too much, smoke far too many fags and a desire to CLEANSE the floor - I don't care for dancing much

So once a year GeorgeFM, you may have noticed them mentioned here by now, well anyways, George do a special gig each year for their faithful listeners - a big group hug if ya like. The gig is always free to listeners - tickets being only available via the Station. This year it was held at the Studio and Galatos (Auckland) with the street between closed off and a truckload(s) of snow dumped into this area.

I must say at this point, not mixing records in a club setting can be boring, cause you don't do much but hit the play button every 5 to 6 minutes, which ain't bad, but considering in New Zealand its now illegal to smoke in venues I was at a loss as to what to do with myself between said pushes of the button, usually I'd smoke and drink beer, well i did drink - vodka and red bull but no smoking.... arggggghhhhhhhh it hurt :)

To cut a long story short, I got drunk and played the following records to a bemused bar staff in the VIP room

Winter Warmup Set

Freaks - Sweet Dreams (instrumental) (MFF)
Bernard Badie - Train (Cajual)
Greenskeepers - Go (Diz rmx) (GK music)
Untitled Orchestra - She's Strange (Icon)
Justin harris & Stella Attar - Why Don't You move a Bit Closer (Plastic Jazz Band remake) (Odori)
Freaks - You Ain't House (Wash House)
the Wombles - Remember You're A Womble
Freaks - Tweakers (Tweekers)
Brett Johnson - Sex With Machines (Magnetic)

best taken with a booming room, lots of vodka, bubbles and Stephen's momma

No comments: