Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Good Times

I don't often have many good things to say about our Telly Programmers, cause generally they offer us poooze. But credit where credit is due, I am over the moon with TV2s decision to air Sienfeld reruns at 6pm.

Over the moon. For too long I have tried to make good with our networks news hour, only to get frustrated at the almost complete lack of actual news. Their standards are continuing the downward spiral and well, like many I have found more than enough ways to stay in touch with the evenst shaping our planet, ways our TV channels here simply can't compete with, means devoid of the celebrity bullshit, the voyeristic 'human interest' stories, the obsession with crime and the really bad political coverage.

So now I can happily fill that 6-7pm hour - an hour I want to be a sloth on the couch and be either informed or entertained. It may be thanks to two reruns, Seinfeld & Friends, but thats enough for me. Both are enough to have me chortle a little and neither make me angry.

So news, be gone I have a new nightly friend to hang with - one that won't let me down, well until the programmers change the lineup. For now I am quite stoked, to use a word that infuriates some (and rightly so).

An additional upside Al Jareeza has been extened in the mornings, so when those stupid boats are being sialed via delayed coverage I have a get out of gaol free card.

Oh its the simple things in life that can make a difference.

Now if we could just get all the warmongers to stop their games of human folly, I could give away even more news time to bad US sitcoms.

toot toot

1 comment:

micarl said...

word